[Adv] The Not So Secret Lives of Us
I wonder if you all know or have visited this site called Not So Secret Lives? If you haven’t, then you are missing out something interesting!
Not So Secret Lives is kind of like an online diary of Jesse and Trey, and their close friends (Eleanor and Cameron). We, the readers, will follow their ups and downs, and most interesting part is, we will be involved in their decision making as well. It’s like following an “interactive” TV drama series, and it is not finished yet.
The design of the site is quite attractive to me. It is rather easy to navigate as well. You see all the main characters here. Just move your mouse over any of the photos, all are clickable. For example:
We can read that particular entry by clicking on the “Read Entry” button (red box).
To access Jesse or Trey’s blog, just mouse over their photos on main page, then select “Blog”. The blog entries are very very interesting, fun to read.
The blog looks like this:
We can select entries of any day to read just by clicking on the date underneath the entries. What is a blog if comment function is not allowed, right? We can leave our comments there too. I have left mine!
After reading through the blog posts, it got me curious, who are Jesse and Trey (since the blogs are only started in Feb)? How about Eleanor and Cameron? Who are they?
Finally, these videos gave me so clues.
I have shared this site, the blogs with a few of my friends, and my girlfriend. We are all discussing what had happened to Trey, Jesse, and friends. We want to know what’s going to happen to them, and their response. Each of us has our own version of “script” that how we want the story to follow, and each of us all find our own “script” the most interesting. So how? I am glad that there is this contest coming along.
Every story needs an end. You get to decide this one.
Love, gossip, drama, suspense…
Who doesn’t like it?
www.notsosecretlives.com is the online diary of two young people filled with the heady rush, excitement and dangers that come with being young. Through this drama that unfolds day-on-day we discover what decisions they and their close friends make when it comes to love, sex and relationships in their inextricably intertwined lives.
Follow the story of Jesse & Trey, share in their ups and downs, and get involved in their decisions. But their story remains unfinished.
Come up with the best ending for their story and win $500. (Jesse’s & Trey’s story will run from 1 Feb to 28 Feb 2009.)
• Contest starts from 28th February ’09 and ends on 7th March ’09.
• Entries will be judged on creativity, relevance to theme of HIV & its impact.
• Contest entries submitted will be vetted and links to your entries will be posted up on notsosecretlives.com until the winning entry has been selected.
• Winner’s blog entry will be featured on notsosecretlives.com on 8 Mar 09.
1st Prize: $500, 2nd Prize: $300, 3rd Prize: $200
The entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
• No stigmatization of people infected with HIV
• No R-rated content
• No malicious entries (this includes no ethnic sensitive entries and derogatory ones e.g. those that lash out at organisations & individuals, especially those who are well known and homosexuals)
• Submission must be made from Trey’s or Jesse’s Point Of View i.e. as if they are blogging (the blogs, however, can include new characters.)
1) Write a blog post in your blog with the title “My Not So Secret Lives ending”, with an entry of your best ending to their story (Ending on 28 Feb with a cliff hanger).
2) Sign off with “Get involved with Jesse and Trey today @ www.notsosecretlives.com”
3) Send in your permalink to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and contact details.
Note: Entries submitted before 28th February ’09 will be considered void.
I am sure that after you have read up the story of Trey, Jesse, and friends, you will have your own “script”. So, wait no more, take part in the contest now!